Thursday, March 14, 2013

Birthday, Oscars, Library of Congress, and Oysters


the final days of my 2013: 28 things in 28 days challenge events 

Event 25:
Allison’s birthday bash!
Beer bong and a keg was included.
Happy Birthday beautiful lady!

Event 26:
I’m a sucker for the Oscars and headed to Buffalo Billiards to watch it.  
The service was horrible and I was personally disappointed with the outcomes of a lot of the winners… but I’m over it now.
my oscar ballot: before and after


Event 27:
I went to the Library of Congress for the first time -I know I can’t believe I’ve lived here for so long and have never been inside!-
First thoughts: Beautiful!
Second thought: The exhibits are amazing!
In my opinion it is a hidden gem of DC museums/exhibits. 

a list of their current exhibits. 
the inside was crazy beautiful!
the outside looking all grand!
(you couldn't take pictures inside the exhibits, the reading room, or the Thomas Jefferson Library.. but regardless you should still go)

Event 28:
My friend Ari is in love with Oysters… like an unhealthy obsession with them and some how she convinced me to go with her... 

And let me tell you: this Iowa girl is not a fan of them.

We went to Senart’s Oyster and Chop House by Eastern Market on 8th St SE… Ari said their Oyster bar happy hour special was great. I would take her word for it and not mine.

--------
I did go well over my 28 things requirement this year and here is a quick snap shot of some of the other things I did:

Modern art floor! I love the idea of "breaking the rules" in art. 
I'm currently the Foursquare Mayor of the "American Art Museum" and have visited it way more then I ever mentioned in my February blogpost.  
"Nam June Paik: Global Visionary" and  American Civil War are two current must see exhibits!


beautiful day for museum hoping
Thursday night bluegrass! (New location: Argonaunt)
A small Natgeo Reunion when RJ was in town
I got my car fixed and two new tires!... probably the most useful thing I did in February.

-----

Thanks for reading along!

----
read about my 2011 year challenge here
and my 2012 challenge here

1 comment:

  1. WoW. Great blog. I just read most of it. I do all the same stuff you do. Keep writing.
    Ty,
    MM

    ReplyDelete