Saturday, February 23, 2013

Thursday Night Bluegrass


Event 14 as part of my 2013: 28 things in 28 days.

My favorite thing to do on Thursday night is go to Bluegrass at Sova on Hst.  Earlier in the week I got the worst news ever – Sova was closing and this Thursday was going to be the last bluegrass ever!
As you can imagine I was pretty upset about it. 
Firstly upset that I wasn't going to be able to get my weekly dose of Bluegrass and secondly upset that Sova was closing... it was the best casual late night drinks spot. (and plus the bartenders rock!)
Last bluegrass!

And even though I’ve gone to bluegrass before and even though it was on Valentine's Day and I wasn't thrilled about the idea of being surrounded by couples, I had to go and include it as one of my 28 things.  

It was great, like always!
and I loved that they had such a large group of folks who came and supported them for their last bluegrass!
an older visit of mine to Sova.  Split String Soup... pretty awesome! 

As I was leaving the bartenders told me that they were moving bluegrass to Argonaut on Thursday and all in life was once again restored.
my beer of choice during bluegrass! no complaints 

------
as always I will be posting updates on each days activity on this blog, but for more immediate updates check my twitter (@ksloss) #28things or instagram (@ksloss) 

------
read about my 2011 year challenge here
and my 2012 challenge here


No comments:

Post a Comment