Friday, February 22, 2013

SOTU


Event 12 as part of my 2013: 28 things in 28 days. 

I’ve lived in DC for three State of the Union Address and up until this year I have never listened to one.  Yes, I have listened to them before… in college I watched it every year, but in college I lived for this kind of stuff.
Moving to DC I grew uninterested in politics, but wanted to change that this year.  I mean what is the point of living in DC if you don’t watch things like the SOTU or go to the mall for inauguration?

So I headed to Star and Shamrock where they were playing it on all the TVs and even had a drinking game to go along with it. 
Of course I did not follow along with the drinking game, but a table behind me was enjoying themselves.
my favorites had to be "every time Obama mentions jobs, drink two for the unemployed"

All in all I’m glad I watched it.
And watching it in a bar with other people is definitely the way to do it... people in DC get really excited about this kind of stuff. 

 ------
as always I will be posting updates on each days activity on this blog, but for more immediate updates check my twitter (@ksloss) #28things or instagram (@ksloss) 

------
read about my 2011 year challenge here
and my 2012 challenge here

1 comment:

  1. One easy way to decorate a nursery is to use an image from art history. Many western painters have painted for children, such as this painting, by English artists Stanley Spencer, http://EN.WahooArt.com/A55A04/w.nsf/OPRA/BRUE-8LT7RP , should look good on the nursery wall.
    It's available as a canvas print of any size to be delivered to your home, from wahooart.com. It's affordable too.

    ReplyDelete