Saturday, January 26, 2013

Inauguration, cheesy fries, free beer, snow, and American Art


365 photo challenge Jan 20- 26.... enjoy this lovely snapshot into my awesome life. 

January 20:
I hung out with Allison on the Saturday night prior to the 19th… but we took this picture after midnight so it counts.
seriously, this girl is one of my favorites 

January 21:
Or we could just say inauguration 2013.  It was this amazing/crazy experience that I think everyone should experience once in his or her life.  The National Mall was packed and everyone was filled with this excitement.  I have never stood in lines as large and long as the ones I did for inauguration, but I just didn't care and no one around me cared.  
Everyone was just happy to be there... who cares that we couldn't actually see the president, but we were still a small part of history.  
And they were giving away free american flags! 
'Merica

January 22:
I love cheesy fries and needless to say I’ve been craving them and I sort-of filled the void with these from Steak and Ice.

January 23:
More cheese fries… well kind-of these were Shepard fries, but they still had cheese and from Star and Shamrock.  ( I never promised great pictures) (I also have really bad eating habits)

January 24:
I have a favorite thing to do on Hst NE in DC and that is to go to bluegrass at sova on Thursdays night. 
This night I got a free beer because I am quote “the only person who tweets or response to their tweets”
Five dollar saved! Greatest thing ever.
(almost as good as the five dollars I found on the sidewalk on my walk home)

January 25:
It snowed in DC.  The first real snowfall and people freaked out… this photo was me walking to the grocery store mid “snow storm” you will notice the lack of real snow in this picture. 

January 26:
I love the American Art Museum and National Portrait Gallery.  One of the main reason is they are open until 7pm, they have free wifi, and lots of places to sit down and search the web. 
I spent today applying for jobs with a better backdrop then my bedroom. 

----
learn more about my exciting life by following my twitter or instagram or tumblr. 


No comments:

Post a Comment