Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscars 2012


for the past two years I make it my goal to watch all the film nominated for Best Picture for the Academy Awards and a couple of other films that are nominated more then once.
this year I'm proud to say I've watched all the best picture films and a handful of other.  

I'm counting this post as my February 25th thing.... (I did venture out and watch Tree of Life with two friends)

Some things that need to be known:  I really liked Hugo and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. I didn’t care for The Descendants… I guess I’m not a huge fan of the George Clooney.
I also really like Michelle Williams and really want her to win Best Actress, but I had a hard time putting her down and changed it a couple of hundred times (either her or Glenn Close) but I know the Academy loves Meryl Streep (I don't)
And the academy likes films that mention the magic of film (cough cough Hugo and The Artist) and movies that make you question things (cough cough The Tree of Life and A Separation)
And even though I liked The Artist I could only get my self to put it down for a couple of categories... I'm not sure if the film is advancing the film industry at all.  (if anything it is teaching us how films from the past are great, but Hugo also does this with dialogue) 

Also “*” indicates a complete guess.

My Oscar Ballat :

Best Picture:
The Artist

Leading Actor:
George Clooney “The Descendants”

Supporting Actor:
Christopher Plumber "Beginners" 

Leading Actress:
Glenn Close “Albert Nobbs”

Supporting Actress:
Octavia Spencer “The Help”

Animated Feature:
Chico and Rita

Art Direction:
War Horse

Cinematography:
The Tree of Life

Costume Design:
Hugo

Directing:
The Artist

Documentary Feature:*
Pina

Documentary Short*
God is Bigger than Elvis

Film Editing:
Hugo

Foreign Language Film:
A Separation

Makeup:
The Iron Lady

Original Score:
War Horse

Original Song:
“Man or Muppet” from “The Muppets”

Animated Short Film*
The fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore

Live Action Short Film*
Tuba Atlantic

Sound Editing:
Drive

Sound Mixing:
Hugo

Visual Effects:
Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Adapted Screenplay:
Moneyball

Original Screenplay:
A Separation

No comments:

Post a Comment