Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The life and times of a fake federal employee

I don’t know if you guys have been living in a bubble lately, but in case you have been for the past month I’ll refresh you all on what’s going on in the world.
 
Okay that was a lie.

I’m just going to tell you what’s going on with the world that directly affects me.
And currently that is only the possibility for a government shutdown starting Friday at midnight.
And honestly my details on this issue are pretty small.
But what I do know is that since I work in a museum that is half federal and half private, we will be closed.
And unfortunately I’m part of the half that is “private”… ie- I get paid through donations.

To recap: the museum will be closed, but I will still have to report to work.
This means: I will have to spend 9 hours a day doing “busy work
Busy work in a place that will have no one in it to mess it up
Which can only mean one thing… cleaning.

I have already let my manager know that I will be willing to stand outside and let people know that we are closed.
Which I think they should really consider
Mostly b/c Visitor Service is a federal position and I’m charismatic and have a pretty smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment