Sunday, September 5, 2010

Shoes, Journals, and the American Indian

Right now I’m sitting in my room trying to stretch out a pair of shoes I bought back in Iowa.

I’m convinced that DC weather has made wearing half of my rings and shoes impossible.

I mean there is a huge possibility that I bought these shoes a size to small to begin with.  But I swear when I tried them on in the air conditioned store with steph they didn’t seem snug at all. 

So I’m sitting on my computer in my room with a pair of semi-high heels on.

And all I can think is that hopefully my roommate doesn’t walk in (not that she has ever walked into my room) but I’m fairly certain I’m the definition of white-trash right now:
I have on a white tank top on that has a gigantic hole in it, a red B-R-A, stripes boxer shorts, I haven’t showered today, my hair is in a side ponytail, and I have these black high heels on…. Super classy.

Besides my shoe problem….

I bought a journal today. 
Well, technically it is a small drawing notebook.  It was impossible to find a journal that didn’t have lines in it…. I hate lines when I write. I think they limit what I want to say… I like the idea of being to draw a picture or write REALLY BIG if I feel like it. 

I’m not completely sure why… but lines make me feel uncomfortable.

So, I bought this art notebook instead of a real fancy journal with a cool design on it. 
I’m sure after a while I’ll make it work and will be happy with my decision. 

Besides my shoe and journal problem...

 I went to the National Museum of the American Indian.  I felt like I needed to go with a tour guide or spend a couple of hours watching a documentary to really appreciate this museum.  They just had so much stuff and I had no idea what I needed to take out of it.

… hmm, that is all for today.  

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update.

    I think it is impossible to stretch shoes. Just an FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and it is weird that you are retaining water. I doubt it is hotter/more humid in DC than IC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing it is diet driven. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've heard people from florida complain about dc humidity, so it definitely could be that. but it's cooling off now!

    if you get a chance, spend a day at the national portrait gallery. it's not on the mall so there aren't as many tourists, and it's a great place to just put on your ipod and walk around for a few hours by yourself.

    ReplyDelete