Wednesday, August 11, 2010

the big move

Hmm.  Let’s see what has been going on in my life.

First off, I moved.  From the nice college town of Iowa City to an “adult” town of Coralville. 
But don’t be fooled it is all the same. 

Really this move just means that when I go out I can no longer walk downtown and now I have to take a taxi. 
Yeah I know… super boo. 

I don’t understand this whole “hey, let’s be adults and move out of Iowa City”…. The only perk to this new place is that there is a Mexican restaurant that has 3.50 margaritas in walking distance.
(Well, and that I love my roomies and the place is nicer than the average IC apartment)

Anyway.

We (steph, Kinsey, and TJ) spent a Sunday moving all of our junk up to the 3rd floor (which is the top floor… I thought that needed to be mentioned
and in case you needed a figure: we had 4 beds (box springs and everything), a HEAVY couch, a recliner, bookshelves, 2 desks, a TV, TV stand, coffee table, and numerous other “junk”

It should also be noted that unlike most people who move out of their apartment our parents/brothers/other random relatives/friends… did not help us.

And anyways (again)

We moved, we survived. Our first meal was pizza … it was all so very awesome.
I get unpacked… finally empty my car (well, I still have a couple pairs of random jeans and a laundry basket full of books… but that’s just technicality)

And then…. Wait for it…. Wait for it

I got a job in DC!

Well, technically it is an internship… but still it is in DC!

I put in my two weeks’ notice at work and am now in the process of trying to find a place on non-sketchy craigslist that I can move into before the 23rd.

Aahahahahahaha…. (that’s my OMG, I have less than 2 weeks to find a place and re-move)

4 comments:

  1. YAY for updating your blog finally!!! and YAY for DC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the District! If you need any help looking for places (like, someone to tell you if an neighborhood is sketchtacular or legit), drop me a line.

    ReplyDelete