Monday, June 21, 2010

Old Polaroid Camera

Kaci got me this old camera from my grandparents house. 

Which when I saw I became OVERLY excited about. 

I mean giddy like a school child when they learn that they have pudding and chocolate milk for lunch. 

anyway here is a pic of the camera. 

I really, really, really... want to take pictures with it.
I mean REALLY.
 
so, I looked it up on ebay. 

and found out this:
i could sell it for 10 dollars. 
and
buying film for it cost.

...wait for it
...... wait....

.... $150.  

.... seriously, not even worth it. 

but someday when I grow up I can put it on the mantle on top of my fireplace. 

2 comments:

  1. Damn shame the film is so expensive, because that camera is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!! Almost.

    I bought this sweet Polaroid camera at a garage sale for, like, a dollar, right? And it's not even an older one like yours. Like your standard spit-out-a-Picture Polaroid.

    Yeah, Polaroid stopped making film. So it costs $30 for a pack of 10 photos. Which, okay, isn't nearly as bad as $150, but still. THAT'S A LOT.

    I'm going to use my Poladroid app instead. It's free. And it's digital.

    And I'm poor.

    It's very, very tragic, and I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete