Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter, Kaci, and a Red Trunk

Sunday. I was the easter bunny.  Not the kind that puts on an oversized costume and takes pictures with little kids but the kind that hides easter eggs. 

For some reason I was in charge of hiding the eggs that had my little cousins names written on them.  Which was a job I should have not been in charge of b/c I still think all my cousins are 5, even though the majority of them are tall and in “late” elementary school or middle school. 

What I learned:
1)  I stink at hiding eggs
2) I have a horrible memory (but of course everyone knows this already)
3) I really should learn my cousins name, especially since they all know my name.

One of my aunts said “next year you will have to make a map
And I thought “next year Kinsey can hide the eggs

Also:
Kaci and Ryan got in engaged. (if you follow Kaci or Kassie’s blogs you already know this… I’m slightly late in my congrats blog post.) 
But yeah, congrats!

And:
I got a red trunk from my grandparents house that I’m pretty excited about….. I have no idea what I’m going to use it for.  But I have one! and apparently my uncle took it to college with him (a gazillion years ago).  He made a joke about how “the trunk also comes with bad grades” (it is probably a good thing I’m done with school).
this obviously isn't the trunk I got, mine has a lot more wear and tear (but still exciting)

I also  inherited (… I suppose that is the appropriate word to use) some of my Gma old “costume” jewelry, some old glasses, and other random old “junk” that I love. 

I love old stuff.  

5 comments:

  1. I think the buttons you inherited should be dedicated to a whole blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that trunk is fairly fantastic.
    My brother made a trunk in shop class at Dowling.

    I want a trunk now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. andrew... this is going to make you angry but this trunk use to belong to your dad. you should have voiced your want to him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that trunk is so Harry Potter
    and I'm really jealous.
    I've wanted a trunk, just like that, to put at the end of my bed to store my treasure

    ReplyDelete