Friday, March 5, 2010

Wal-Mart and Skinny Jeans

I went on a slight shopping spree at Wal-Mart yesterday. 

Yeah I know what you are thinking; I don’t have any money, Wal-Mart is a horrible company, and who actually goes on a shopping spree at Wal-Mart.

But then again I only spent like 40 dollars (give or take about 10 dollars) and bought a ton of stuff. 

It began by me wanting to buy a new pair of black work shoes and ended with me buying pink flower shoes (they were on sale for 5 dollars… I had to buy them)

Then I noticed they had a bunch of workout clothes and decided to buy a pair of Capri workout pants (I mean they were only 11 and I really needed new pants)

Okay. And then I got a little crazy.

I bought a dress, a cute dress, and it was super cheap.  I wore it last night and a stranger totally complimented it.   Of course it was late, the bar was dark, and the girl was slightly intoxicated. 
But a compliment always justifies buying anything.

But then something happen in my intense process of looking at the Miley clothing line, I tried on a pair of skinny jeans.

Yep, me… the girl who has a strong “if you are not a size 2 you shouldn't wear skinny jeans” policy. 

And then something even crazier happen I actually bought the skinny jeans.  (This should be example number one to why I should never go shopping by myself.)

But I figured I could just return them if I got home and realized that I’m crazy and that obviously I’m not a size 2 and could never pull them off.

I asked Steph for her opinion and she was all like “well you’re the one with your stupid size 2 theory and if you ever wear them you can never make fun of any of my outfits ever again”
My response was “do they look okay, do I look like one of those girls who can’t pull them off”
Her response “it is your theory…  I always thought your theory was crazy”
Meso, do they look okay”
Her “you can wear them if you want”

She was not giving me definite answers at all… I really just wanted a “Kelsey, you look ridiculous and just return them” response. 

Right now my thought process is going something like this:
I don’t even know if I’m “cool” enough to pull off skinny jeans and if I did wear them I would want to pull off the “it takes a lot of work to look like I don’t care what I look like” look.  But I fell like the whole idea of skinny jeans is to try to look like you are trying.

But then again, maybe if I wear it with one of my 10 Disney shirts and a cardigan… I’ll be able to pull off the “I don’t care what I look like” look.

(here is where I would normally post a picture of me in the skinny jeans, but I really don’t want a picture of me trying to be cool floating around the internet.)

And… in case any of you care, I totally forgot about buying black work shoes while I was at Wal-Mart. (a complete fail

6 comments:

  1. Crystal Becker (Kaci's friend)March 5, 2010 at 3:49 PM

    Kelsey... I felt the SAME WAY! But then I bought a pair and wear them all the time... And if anyone should not wear them it would be me. :)

    It helped that at the store that I bought them at... all the sales ladies were all like, "Girl, you look fine!" It definitely boosted my self esteem so then I could do it...

    I say KEEP THEM! And rock the skinny jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would realy help to have a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is this crazy theory?? Wear the jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think you forgot the part of the convo that went somthing like this
    me-"kelsey its your theory, not mine they look fine"
    You-" So i can wear them"
    Me-"yea they look fine"
    You-"what do mean by fine"
    Me-" i mean they look fine... not awesome but not bad theyre fine you can wear them"
    You-"just tell me they look bad"
    Me- "they look fine"

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA! you spent $50 at walmart.

    yay for skinnyJeans.
    it's about damn time you gave in to the trend.

    and i'm sure they look "fine"
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I boycott the entire skinny jean revolution.

    ReplyDelete