Sunday, October 18, 2009

I love Wikipedia

I'm "studying" for my German midterm and have come to the conclusion that Wikipedia is the best invention ever. 
... seriously, every time I use it I get about 5X more information then I ever thought I needed.
example: you type in Germany.  You click on WWII, Hitler, Catholic Church, Euthanasia, etc. and the next thing you know you are figuring out that assisted suicides are legal in Montana.

- another example of the Wikipedia's awesomeness
Their insight on George Grosz...

"Though he had US citizenship, he resolved to return to Berlin, where he died on July 6, 1959 from the effects of falling down a flight of stairs after a night of drinking."

Thanks to Wiki
1) if George Grosz is an ID term on my test I'll probably forget how he influenced New Objectivity in Berlin and Germany and focus more on his drinking social habits.
2) I now want to die in a way that will allow wiki to add a clever sentence in the mist of my bio about my death
Death by heart attack... lame 
Death by falling down a flight of stairs, while intoxicated... now that is biography worthy

1 comment:

  1. i was just talking with my girlfriend last night about how you can go to wiki to find one thing and end up spending an hour clicking from page to page. same with imdb.

    ReplyDelete