Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My very productive day!

- I got at text from Monique at 8:30 am telling me she bought a plane ticket to come and visit me!
- woke up at 10:30. Not by choice, I had my alarm set for noon. My mom decided that 10:30 would be a good time to go on our “adventure” today.
- ten minutes after I woke up, my mom couldn’t figure out what was taking me so long. (This was the first time she mentioned me prowling)
- ran a million errands in town. (Bank, post office, gas station… typical “mom” places)
- Expressed my hatred for drive-thru windows

- drove to Adel.
- got a text from my Aunt Kate telling me my cousin loved the old art supplies I gave him.
- listen to my mom call Kate and gossip to her about life.
- arrived at Adel.
- grabbed my number for the DOT #89.
- saw the reaction of a 14 year old flunking their driving test.
- watch a 16 year get very excited when he got his first license.
- realized how young I looked as a teenager… then got a little sad.
- answered a wide variety of yes and no questions…. Seriously debated saying no to the organ donor question, but said yes when I realized I didn’t want people to judge me.
- passed my eye exam!
- learned that the DOT has a new policy where you can’t wear glasses in your picture, because quote “they want to see your whole face”
- took an amazing photo.
- My mom told me for the second time that this photo will be good when I go prowling in Iowa City. (She also added if I ever kill anyone that this photo would look good on the news… compliment?!?)

- went to pick up a USA today
- went to eat at Patrick’s.
- took a Twitpic of my mom
- tried telling her how I get annoyed when movies have actors in it and they don’t fit the time period they are trying to portray. She didn’t seem to care, but I still wrote a blog about it.
- ordered and ate. I got a tenderloin sandwich. It wasn’t very good.
- drove back to perry.
- decided I could work in Adel. Thought for the next 5 minutes about what I could do in Adel, couldn’t come up with anything.
- arrived in Perry, went to another bank.
- expressed my hatred for drive-thru windows a second time.

- arrived at home.
- decided that since it was 1:30, that I could actually do something.
- decided to lay outside
- listened to the mp3 player kaci gave me; and was loving that my shuffle played HSM3, Matchbox 20, and backstreet boys right in a row.
- Listened to a Clay Aiken song that said “I’m not lookin' for a one night stand” I immediately changed to another song
- got slightly embarrassed that I don’t have better taste in music.
- decided that after I finish my AFI 100 movie list that I would work on having better taste in music. (I am sure there is some kind of list for music)

- starting reading a book, Driving With Dead People
- stopped after the third page because I became really depressed that I no longer take pictures.
- decided that I was going to start taking pointless photos again.
- spent a couple of minutes trying to figure out how much it cost to get a roll of film developed.
- spent a couple more minutes trying to figure out where my digital camera is at.
- decided that when I get a “real job” I will buy a fancy camera
- went inside, bc it was to hot and a slight cloud seemed to be blocking the sun.

- watched The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.
- wiki what else Humphrey Bogart was in.

- got ready to go to town.
- my mom told me that she needed a “couple of minutes to make out her grocery list, so I could have a couple of extra minutes to get ready to go prowling”
- asked her exactly what she thinks prowling is… her definition included the word prowling.
- asked my dad if he needed anything from the store, he said no.
- went to Hy-Vee.
- Came home from Hy-Vee
- carried in the groceries while my dad watched me make 3 trips.
- Then he asked me if I could run to Fareway to get him some meat.
- went to Fareway.
- saw a girl I graduated with and successfully avoided an awkward conversation.
- told my mom I was no longer making trips to the grocery store everyday because I was sick of running into people I graduated with.

-read an article about how exercise won’t make you thin
- decided that is must be a sign that it is okay that I didn’t exercise today
- did a load of laundry
- folded a load of laundry
- cleaned the bathroom
- realized that I hate that Miley Cyrus has a Twitter… and could care less what her everyday thoughts are. (she is slightly a drama queen)

- decide to take apart our VCR to get out the VHS that was stuck in it.
- found a Philips screw driver
- It turned out to be too big
- looked for 10 minutes to find another one, found about 10 slotted screwdrivers.
- tried to figure out why someone needed 10 slotted screwdrivers and if anyone actually every needs a slotted screwdriver.
- figured out what to get my dad for Christmas
- used the oversized screwdriver to unscrew the VCR
- spent another 10 minutes trying to figure out how to actually get the VHS out.
- After 30 minutes, I was able to retrieve the VHS. Go me!
- wrote this blog.

5 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at several points throughout this blog post. Aren't you excited that soon Kinsey will be able to understand your life to a whole new level?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has to be your most productive day of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think i have done more today than you did yesterday and its only 234...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss your lists... I need to visit your blog more often. I'm lame. Also I miss you like crazy. I need to call you or something. Today is my third (and last) College Program graduation. The program is basically over. I move out on Saturday. I'm waiting to hear back about an apartment today. But if all goes well, I'm going to live here in Anaheim for another few months at least. I went ahead and got tickets for the D23 Expo. I'm hoping to see John Lasseter. He's one of the keynote speakers.

    Also... I'd just like to point out that I have 16 uses on my maingate to use before December. If you should happen to come across a wad of cash somewhere (maybe that leprechaun could help you with that too) and would like to take a weekend and fly to California I would be more than happy to show you around the resort. In the meantime, I need to get off of my butt and send you all that stuff I've been meaning to send you that's been in the drawer of my nightstand for months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm impressed with your productive day!!
    ...congrats on getting the movie out


    i should be productive and write my blog...

    ReplyDelete