Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ken Ken

This weekend Stephanie and me were trying to waste some time and we decided to try this new game called “Ken Ken.”

I read about it in Time magazine and have seen the puzzles in the New York Times.
The first when we did took us about 20 minutes… but after that we became pros
(well I became a pro we sat outside for 2 hours doing the puzzles and I won every time…)

The basis of the game is kind of like sudoko, but better.

On a 4 by 4 grid. You have to have 1-4 horizontally and vertically.
Each couple of squares is a simple math problem (i.e. 2-, 12x, etc.)

you figure out the math problem only by using number between 1-4. (i.e to get 2- it would be 4 and 2 or 3 and 1)

Before


After

1 comment:

  1. I tried to figure it out. Don"t have it down yet, how to do it. I also read about it in Time Magazine. go figure!!!

    ReplyDelete