Thursday, February 19, 2009

I love the Gallup polls

I am currently preparing a presentation about forecasting presidential elections and why we conduct so many polls before a presidential elections... even though you can figure out who is going to win a presidential election after September.
(by gathering information like the economy, party affiliation, ideologies, incumbency, regions, etc... normal political science stuff)

anyway... I was trying to search for random polls done before the election that showed McCain in the lead, to try to prove my point that polls are pointless and forecasting is better (but you really don't have to understand any of that).

I was searching on the Gallup website and I decided I LOVE it!
I was trying to find an amazing example about why I love and put it on here.
but there was to many to choose from.

I think you all should just try randomly searching through it, bc some of the polls are just crazy -my favorite are the ones about religion or specific state polls.-

1 comment:

  1. I have done a lot of polls, esp. over the phone. The shorter, the better. Some seem to drag on and on. I usually tell the truth but it they get to long. I will just say anything to get off the phone.They always asked the same questions,over and over. I think it would be more fun to do what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete