Thursday, February 12, 2009

defintion of a blog

this post if for my mom.
who commented on my last blog post by saying
"blog is not really a real blog unless it has some thought put into it. I get the feeling you are just pulling stuff out of a hat"

i believe that everyone of my posts are important (to someone and more importantly to me).
and to explain this i will try my best to define to you the definition of a 'blog'

Wikipedia is normally not considered a creditable source but blogs are allmost never considered a credible source. so for this argument i will reference the amazing wiki.

typing blog into wiki. you see that there is no one straight definition of a blog.
and there are many different types of blogs. including (but not limited to)
personal blogs
corporate blogs
question blogging
vblogs
photblogs
etc...

i would consider my blog a personal blog ...
The personal blog, an ongoing diary or commentary by an individual, is the traditional, most common blog. Personal bloggers usually take pride in their blog posts, even if their blog is never read by anyone but them.

webster.com defines a blog as
a Web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer

As you can see there is no real definition of a blog. and the whole idea of a blog is to allow "bloggers" to write what ever they want.

(so by defintion i am allow to write what ever i want. even if it is about the weather)

and if you do not think my post are 'blog worthy' then simple don't read my blog.

5 comments:

  1. I think that wikipedia is an incredibly credible source. I use wikipedia all the time at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was very interesting. i loved your blogs. OK. are you getting kind of nippy with a person who always goes out of her way to respond to your blogs. I would like to learn to do hyperlinks. :-}

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I think you are getting snow now. I hope you enjoy it.Put your phone some where safe before you go play in the snow. Remember, you don't have a good record on keeping your phones in good shape. Don't want you to lose it in a snow drift.

    ReplyDelete