Last Saturday I went to universal with kassie, kaci, jeff d, and john. And made a few observations about why Disney was better then universal (it was pretty easy actually).
Us girls went to the universal studios side… so my opinions are based on that park.
Reasons why Disney is far better then universal.
(sorry I don’t have cool photos like kaci)
1. there was nothing that screamed hey lets take a photo in front of this. (and no body to take a photo of us if we wanted them too)
2. when a ride went off no one waived at you
3. the only extremely friendly person there was on an attraction where she had to play the part of a overly annoying happy person. (she was my fav. It remind me of Disney… expect the whole making fun of her part.)
4. you had to pay for fast passes
5. all the rides were pretty much the same thing and involved you watching a screen while they car (or whatever you were sitting in) you were sitting in randomly jerked around. It was not fun at all and I would advise everyone to sit in the stationary seats.
6. no one smiles and people lean and sit down why they worked
7. We walked into a sit down restaurant and got seated right away. Kassie thought this was how universal was better then Disney, but I thought it just showed how slow and dead universal was. (so that is why it makes it on my list)
8. The employees did not follow any kind of dress code (pants were to tight and hair was to long.. it kind of drove me insane. But now I am a Disney freak)
9. we could have finished everything in the park in 4 hours if we wanted to .
10. it was impossible to find soft serve ice cream
11. the character just…. Well want I want to say is not blog appropriate. But they were not good at ALL.
12. kassie also pointed out that they don’t have any where for guest (well I guess you would call them customers at universal) to lean or sit when they are waiting for people. The railing went down to far to the ground and they only had a couple of benches.
how they copy Disney
1. Disney point… they all pointed with two fingers. (my own theory is that they were all old cast members that went to universal to get paid more)
2. their name tags were the same shape as ours
3 simple ways they were better
1. There was a 20 min (max.) wait time for everything. You pretty much could walk onto any ride
2. we meet the donkey from shrek and he talked back to us… he was pretty cool.
3. they have jimmy neutron
So in conclusion if you are going to spend 70 + dollars to go to a park… Just go to magic kingdom or any of the Disney parks b/c universal is not worth the money at all.
At Disney you may have to wait in line but they provide you with better entertainment. And at least at Disney you will have cast members that smile at you .